University Withdrawal & Re-admission

You may ask to withdraw from a degree program by making a written application to ARR, Academic Registry.

The University may require you to withdraw if you fail to register in a regular term without having obtained permission to take leave from study, or for another reason.

In all such cases, your registration at the University will be terminated.

If you withdraw or are required to withdraw from the University, you must complete clearance procedures as specified by the Academic Registrar. The related form can be downloaded here.

You may subsequently apply for re-admission to the University by following the usual admission procedures.

If you withdraw from the University and subsequently are re-admitted, course grades and credits that you obtained within five years prior to re-admission may be used to fulfill the requirements for your program, unless you have used these grades and credits to earn another academic qualification, either at HKUST or elsewhere.